13 May 2011

Across the Pond.


I love roadtrips. Who doesn't? You don't have to ask me twice to jump in the car and drive to anywhere. Or, to nowhere. This is as long as I'm the passenger. Actual driving kinda freaks me out, so I always hand the keys to Bud.

Still, I don't think a single road trip that I've ever been on could top driving through Europe. Especially the countryside. I've been blessed enough to visit a few different countries, but none of them have left a lasting impression on me like Scotland has. I love how the entire country seemed completely untouchable. It wasn't fussy. It was rustic, simple, and natural with breathtaking views. At the same time, it was colorful, lively and filled with quirky culture - many of the same reasons that I love living in Boone so much.

Plus, breakfast was the highlight of the day - served on dainty floral china. The food was grown and purchased locally; mostly organic. They served milk out of cute little pitcher, and everything was quaint and perfect.

My wanderlust heart is at it again, and I would give anything to be in Scotland. The perfect little seaside town of Oban Bay, if we're being picky.

Oh, and you see that little celtic cross up high on the hill? We hiked to the top. I promise that it's a lot further away than it seems. It was a proud moment.

*Photos from a trip during my senior year of high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment